"In 2003, scientists at Paignton Zoo and the University of Plymouth, in Devon in England reported that they had left a computer keyboard in the enclosure of six Sulawesi Crested Macaques for a month; not only did the monkeys produce nothing but five pages consisting largely of the letter S, they started by attacking the keyboard with a stone, and continued by urinating and defecating on it." - Wikipedia.com, Infinite Monkey Theorem

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Welcome to Silent Hill

Whenever someone asks me, "Scott, what's the scariest video game you ever played?" I reply "Silent Hill 2." Or at least, I would, because no one really asks me that question. But it's a good question. And it's the perfect answer.

Silent Hill 2 is, frankly, the scariest video game I've ever played. From the first moment of the game, to it's gripping finale, it never fails to deliver. We follow the very personal horror story of James Sunderland, who has been called to Silent Hill by his wife... who's been dead for several years.

James can't understand why this invitation came to him... for that matter, can't understand why ends up taking the trip to the quiet resort town where he and his wife Mary had their fondest memories. But one thing's for certain, something is terribly wrong.

Silent Hill, for James, becomes something of a purgatory. He is tormented by his memories and his own personal demons, and even meets a few kindered spirits on his travels... though their fates may been far more grim than his own. That, however, is mainly up to you. Does James learn to leave Mary behind and move on with his life? Or does he end it all in his grief? Your actions help decide.

With a rich atmosphere, a compelling story, and believable characters, Silent Hill 2 really is, in my opinion, the scariest game ever.

The fact that it also introduced the world to Pyramid Head also scores it some big points.

So imagine my mixed joy/horror when they announced that there was going to be a Silent Hill movie.



Look! Pyramid Head is on some of the posters! But I digress... joy/horror.

Joy, because my very favourite horror game was coming to the big screen. With the amazing story already built into the game, the movie had all the source material it needed to be amazing.

Horror... because I've seen other video game movies.

But today, I read this preview... and my hope is restored. I think I know what I'm going to be seeing this weekend. What can it hurt?

6 Comments:

At Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Scotty, Kendrick Smith and I are going sunday, if you want to join us.

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 10:31:00 PM, Blogger bingofuel said...

It sucked. Don't see it.

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Motto! said...

Hey I don't care what you say, I enjoyed Doom.

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://ianaorhn.com/mhkb/mowb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zwtnrnpd.com/psdo/oftg.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://ianaorhn.com/mhkb/mowb.html | http://wiwenljp.com/leaz/tmqq.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home