"In 2003, scientists at Paignton Zoo and the University of Plymouth, in Devon in England reported that they had left a computer keyboard in the enclosure of six Sulawesi Crested Macaques for a month; not only did the monkeys produce nothing but five pages consisting largely of the letter S, they started by attacking the keyboard with a stone, and continued by urinating and defecating on it." - Wikipedia.com, Infinite Monkey Theorem

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Mornin', Kids.

Anyway, been a while since I had the time to toss down a post here. Been a busy week.

"How busy was it?"

I don't know...it was really fucking busy. For example:

1) I'm writing a novel: A group of us are taking part in our own National Writing Month. So, the plan is to write 50,000 words by the end of May. It is a battle of quantity over quality. And, unfortunately, I am about 5000 words behind, closing in on the end of the first week. Yee-haw.

Check out our quasi-official Novel Writing Site here for more super-exciting news from the world of rushed fiction.

2) I cleaned my apartment: I received a phone call from my landlady, saying that there would be someone coming in to look at the place the next morning. And, seeing as my living room was a mess, my kitchen has been condemned, and I haven't seen my bedroom floor since January, I felt it was time for cleaning.

At the end of it all, with only vacumming to complete, I realized that my vacuum cleaner needed to have it's bag changed. So I jet down to Wal-Mart (the only place I know of that carries the bags), only to find that they are sold out. Dammit. Alright, so I'll just get a little Dustbuster for 20$. Well no, that doesn't work - the damned thing keeps a charge for a total of five minutes, and the bloody cord isn't more than two feet long.

And this, boys and girls, is how I ended up sweeping my carpet with a broom. That's right. I used a combination of a household broom and a cloth to push any dirt from my living room floor in to the kitchen, where I could fully sweep it up.

I'm a genius. Like McGuyver.

3) Saw a Movie: Two, actually. Stick It and Mission Impossible: III. Only paid for one, though. So, tune in tomorrow, when I let you all know which one of these turd nuggets was the least dreadful to watch.

String,
Lilwall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home