"In 2003, scientists at Paignton Zoo and the University of Plymouth, in Devon in England reported that they had left a computer keyboard in the enclosure of six Sulawesi Crested Macaques for a month; not only did the monkeys produce nothing but five pages consisting largely of the letter S, they started by attacking the keyboard with a stone, and continued by urinating and defecating on it." - Wikipedia.com, Infinite Monkey Theorem

Friday, March 31, 2006

"Will there be any kind of dessert with these pancakes?"

There is so much to talk about.

So the Game Developers Conference is a week gone now, and after all the smoke has cleared, Nintendo and Will Wright respectively stole the show. Anyone who hasn't seen Will Wright's Spore demonstration needs to free up an hour of their time and watch it. I can't even imagine how this game will, as cheesy as it sounds, change games forever--if it's as good as it seems. This game is just...freaking...like...just watch it.

But Nintendo was the show stopper this year. First there was New Super Mario Bros. DS which is pretty neat, though the name is kind of retarded. Why not Super Mario Bros. 5 or something. Or 4? Was Super Mario World a fourth one?

And of course, there's Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. You know, I really hated Wind Waker, but for some reason the graphical style seems fitting for the DS. I'm sure it'll play fine, but I just...am not that excited about it. I mean, I love my DS, and I'm sure they'll find some cool way to use the touch screens to like, throw tinkle bombs or something. I guess it's just...I mean, how long can they make Zelda games for? I guess till they make one that sucks. Maybe I'm just bitter about Twilight Princess.

They did release a bit more information about the Revolution though. Speaking of Twilight Princess, they did confirm that it would be compatible with Revolution controllers , with added functionality. Personally, this is kind of lame. I mean, this game was supposed to be out by now. If they delayed this game twice just so you could throw tingle-bombs or fish with a motion-sensor controller, I'm gonna be hella-pissed. I'm not sure why they don't just make it a Revolution launch title and be done with it. No one ever uses their Game Cub anymore anyways, so it really would make them more money.

Also, I thought it was pretty cool that along with the downloadable compendium of old Nintendo games, they're adding 1,000 Genesis games, and a bunch of Turbo Grafix games. Bonk baby!.

I was gonna put some thoughts into Wrestlemania, but I'll get to it later.

Peace,
Ramin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home